Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Storm



Thanks Sharon for the idea. I read your drunk poems and realized that I have one that I would like to share. I was in Florida visiting my Mom, she was totally driving me crazy and I needed an escape. I was also dealing with the fact that my boyfriend just recently went to jail and I missed him ridiculously. I was also drinking non-stop. I poured a shit load of vodka into a huge water bottle and put it in my suitcase. It was gone in 3 days so I had to go buy more. Vodka was easy cause I could put it in a normal drink and "no one" would know, until my mother asked me if I was drunk which I vehemently denied! Anyway, I wanted to go to the beach to drink and chain smoke and I wrote this poem as a huge storm drew near- its basically to my boyfriend....

THE STORM.

"Even among family, I feel alone,
I miss the ocean, the sand, the huge sky..
As I drive to the beach, the dark clouds follow,
Tempting me with rain and thunder,
I am not afraid of the storm,
I hope it rains, it will soak my clothes,
And the saltwater will wash away my tears,
When I arrive, the black clouds are laughing,
Ready to pour and soak the earth,
I walk to the sand and the most beautiful picture unfolds,
Turquoise water, crystal white sands, black skies,
I am not the only one who is ready for a storm,
Others wander to the waters edge, unafraid,
I sit down a lone bench and sip my drink,
Listening to the most perfect music, sad and slow,
The lyrics moaning my deepest thoughts,
My toes push into the soft sand,
It falls through my feet like water,
The sky darkens,
The white seagulls coast through the air,
They sense a storm is coming,
They fly and follow each other through the air,
The waves are small, green waters, white foam, black skies,
A tornado of rain falls on the horizon,
The warm wind blows my hair as I pull out my ponytail,
I close my eyes and feel the ocean air,
The music is perfect, it sets the scene,
I am alone and wouldn't want it any other way,
I sit in silence for awhile,
Taking in the grand view,
God in his purest form, the ocean and the sky,
After awhile, I walk to the water daring the storm,
Others are there but I don't see them,
It's me and you,
I reach the ocean waves,
I let them wash over my sandy feet,
The sky is black, the wind is whistling,
The bottoms of my pants are wet,
The water is cool and clear,
For minutes I stand calm, feet wet, deep mind,
My little pink heart is on your little brown raft floating out to sea,
The sadness inside slows my movements,
I am in no hurry,
I am alone with my thoughts,
I take in the beauty and cannot wait until we can share this together,
I slowly venture back through the sand,
My clothes are wet and so are my eyes,
The falling tears releases some sadness from my soul,
I haven't cried in awhile,
It's perfectly okay, no one knows me,
The black clouds are moving on,
Still in the distance, rain pours,
I think only of you,
I miss you with everything that I have,
As the storm blows by, my tears slowly stop and I take deep breaths,
What an amazing moment I had by myself,
I've never sat at a beach with black skies,
It's a sight like you wouldn't believe,
So big, so fierce, so dangerous,
So unbelievably beautiful,
No rain, just the threat of the heaviest shower you could imagine,
Bring it on, I can handle anything,
It felt good to get out,
To be alone with my darkest sadness,
I save my smiles for my son.
God will carry us through the storms,
After the drive home, my son is there,
With big eyes and a goofy smile,
The sadness is forgotten,
Dinner is ready,
The storm has passed......."

7 comments:

kickenchica said...

WOW!
that was intense, awesome and powerful. It made me teary and I think the emotion of the storm really helped you through that. Aside from being drunk at that time you now know that writing is a great tool for you to help deal through the emotions.

molly said...

Keep on keeping on girlfriend!

My Name Here said...

Very good, very very good indeed. Keep writing.
One day at a time. One storm at a time, you can weather that.

Anybeth said...

you are a very talented writer, even when drunk! Imagine the power you have sober!!!!

Shadow said...

hey that's beautiful... almost feels like i'm there...

Kathy Lynne said...

Hi Krista: Thought I'd stop by and say hi. I sort of entered blogland the same way you did, inspired from reading another's blog. For me it was red headed gal. Anyway, great template, love the colors:) I was never able to write like that but I sure enjoy reading it.

Keith said...

Beautiful! You are a very good writer. Keep doing what you're doing. Hang in there.