Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ani DiFranco


I thought I would compile some lyrics of Ani's that seem to apply to my current situation. Her music is so powerful and I wanted to share some of her words with you. You gotta hear her music if you havent, it rocks.

"I search your profile, for a translation,
I study the conversation like a map,
Cause I know there is strength in the differences between us,
I know there is comfort where we overlap,
Each one of us wants a piece of the action,
You can hear it in what we say,
You can see it in what we do,
We negotiate with chaos for some sense of saitisfaction...
I build each one of my [blogs] out of glass,
So can see me inside them, I suppose,
Or you could just leave the image of me in the background,
and watch your own reflection superimpose,
I build each one of my days out of hope,
And I give that hope your name,
I don't know you that well but it don't take much to tell,
Either you don't have the balls or you don't feel the same,
Who are you now?
Who were you then,
That you thought somehow you could just pretend,
That you could figure it all out,
How many times undone can one person be,
You just close your eyes slowly like you're waiting for a kiss,
And hope some lowly little power will pull you out of this,
To all the people out there tonight who are comforting themselves,
If you should happen to see my light,
You can stop and ring my bell,
I'm just sitting here,
Taking one breath at a time...."

Today is another day, I'm doing ok, hangin in there for sure. I try to keep my days busy so I don't go crazy. Well, I love you all for your responses, you all help me so much- thank you. I hope everyone gets through today and can relax tonight. Take care!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

followed a linkage over here and wanted to say "hi!"
I am a 32 year old husband and father of 8 who was a managing alcoholic for several years and evolved into a blithering mismanaging mess of a drunk in the last few years.

sober for more than 4 months!

Keep posting
Have a great 24 hours

Roxy said...

Hey K,
Just wanted to touch base with you and see how you were holding up. Good to keep you days busy. I always try to do that too.... I am glad to see that you are doing ok.

Shannon said...

hey gurlie, hope you get to a meeting tonight.
Have a great rest of your day

My Name Here said...

Hey you!! Glad you are doing good. Staying busy helps, at least for most of us. Hope your next 24 is great!! Hang in there, you are doing great!!!

Shadow said...

those lyrics are amazing, gonna search for some of her music on limewire. would love to hear them.

i love that line: 'How many times undone can one person be'. sounds a bit like the me before i got sober....

have a super super day!

Johna said...

Hey there how are things for you today? I am on day three and feeling ok about it. I have to visit my parents today and wonder if I am strong enough to fight the urge to drink. I suppose this is the wrong attitude.
I tried to make it to the other woman's meeting last night, but I messed up on the time and ended up hitting another instead. I really wanted to go, because I felt like I belonged in the all girl group. Actually, I have been to so many lately, I feel like a know them all so well and it is starting to sink in.

Hopefully I will see you soon. My email is now on my profile. I have attempted a blog, but I need to spend more time on it. Maybe tonight...

Take care and stay strong (and sober, of course.)