Thursday, September 6, 2007

Better Day


Soo...I had a great nights sleep last night. Because I had none the night before, I shut the lights off at 9pm and passed the F**K out. A quick bottle for the baby at 4:30 and then he woke up at 7:30 and I felt ready for a new day. The first thing I did was set him up in his jumper with a Baby Einstein DVD and cleaned my messy kitchen. Then I opened the kitchen windows and let cool air blow through my house. I hung out with him and had mommy time. Then he had his first nap. I HAD to write my resume or my Dad was going to kill me. I got out the disk with my old resume so it would only take a few minutes to change. However, my gorgeous brand new laptop that my Dad bought me doesn't have a disk drive- only CD's and such. So I had to write it over. And the Microsoft Word 2007 is sooo different, so complex, I have not in anyway mastered it. I was searching everywhere for the resume templates and after 15 minutes of searching, I found them. I wrote my resume.

Clear Channel Radio / Marketing Executive / Alcoholic-Pothead-Coke Addict,

W Hotel in NYC / Alcoholic-Pothead-Major Coke Addict

Provence and Milano /two amazing privately owned restaurants - Alcoholic-Cokehead- Pothead...fired for drinking on the job

Couldn't be prouder!!

I do have a college education. Four years of the best time in my life. Major in Sociology, Minor in Communication, Minor in Psychology, Major in drinking, drugs and sex. I honestly graduated with a 3.5. I did awesome. Especially in my senior year when I enjoyed coke without paranoia, I managed to get at least a 3.6 for all 4 quarters. Maybe I'm smart after all!! Or maybe my college was easier than my high school...either, or. I guess I feel good about finally completing my resume. It took me 3 weeks for 10 minutes of work- awesome. But, even though I can't fill my resume with amazing work experience, I have always worked (to support my habits) and it looked pretty good.
Damn, sleeps helps a momma out!! I'm cooking dinner, the baby's sleeping and I'm over my drama from a few days ago. Maybe everything happens for a reason.. Well, I really appreciated your comments last night. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

8 comments:

katherine. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katherine. said...

He is such a cutie...sleep is very healing...you are smart in many ways.

kickenchica said...

thats what we are here for. I think you are too hard ...WAY too hard on yourself. If a resume didnt come with LIFE, PURPOSE, LEARNING, STRUGGLE on it... then how would anyone know how the F___ to do their job. We are all human. I am fricken good at what I do... it doesn't mean I will be the first one hired, but I have the experience for what I do...and oh yeah, I am human!!!
Glad you had a better day. Sure makes up for the shitty ones!!!

Mel said...

Ah well, you know what they say about not letting yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired (HALT). Sounds like getting some rest worked for you.

And good for you to get the resume outta the way.

If it's any consolation I barely muddle my way through the 2007 edition, too. LOL And I DO mean barely!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, eh?

Shadow said...

"Alcoholic-Pothead-Coke Addict" okaaaay, i take it you did remove that bit from your resume... heee heee heee.

your little boy is SO SO sweet!!!!

and so happy that you are feeling better!!!!

molly said...

just checkin in on ya girl. take care and keep posting :)

Kathy Lynne said...

I found making sure I was resting when I needed it one of the most important things for me. I am still taking naps when I never used to do that. You hang in there because that adorable baby needs the Momma he deserves.

Unknown said...

You are giving him the best gift EVER by staying sober. I mean it. Down to my little toe I mean it.

Have a wonderfully SOBER weekend Chicka :)

Love Gwen~